Saturday, December 1, 2012

A month on a page

Hello my loyal and faithful (cough.. fictional) readers! Yes I am losing weight, how nice of you to notice and very sweet of you to mention the fact..

I did fully intend to post for Halloween, excuse my lateness but i've always been bad at showing up at the right time and organising my own thoughts (I am, however, very good at critisizing and organising other peoples lives!) So you can enjoy this now and look forward to a Christmas update sometime in early March.

Carving a pumpkin is such a cliché, so this year I decided to draw one instead! Unfortunately though, i didn't decide to take a decent, non-mobile-phone-photograph before it rotted into nothingness!



Next year I have decided that I am definitely going to design a Pimp-kin complete with feather velvet hat and cane (has it been done? google images says no!).. Lil' pumpkin ho's would be fun, too.

I also turned up to work in full costume as my manager had told me to, only to realise that nobody else had bothered and I was the only wanker dressed up as a creep!



Luckily the bar was dead (ba-dum, tish!), making it both not worth the effort and much less embarassing..

So what else have I been up to? Well I have been getting alot of emails requesting that I  recap my nightbus reading list in a kind of book review-esque post (Jk, noone ever emails me..) So here's a crappy picture and my dumb thoughts on each book!

World war Z, Max Brooks





This was a pretty interesting book. Like most men I love the idea of a Zombie Apocalypse, although unlike most men I have no fantasies that I would be the one to survive.. even though i've been going to the gym alot recently I still think I would be run down by an asthmatic grandma with an axe in her hip!
Overall I thought this was a good read. Again most men would probably love this book possibly because of, (more likely in spite of) all the military talk- weapons, tanks etc. but I did love the way it jumped very quickly all around the world to give you accounts of various survivors who managed to survive in a castle, a house and even a fish tank! (Ok, the last one I made up)
Read it if you have alot of short tube/train/bus journeys to make, you're not going to get sucked in and fall asleep with the light on but it will pass the time and give you a bit of a buzz.



 I'm going to lump these all together purely because they are all books written by Terry Pratchett (If you missed the huge gold letters on each cover then the detective stories, Snuff and Dodger, probably aren't for you)  Having said that, they were all very different stories written in the same often hilarious Pratchett style (yes I said it, books can be hilarious too, i'm serious..) I found them hard to read at first, but i've quickly learned to love it. I actually read Snuff first, which was a mistake because I then realised it's the most recent book in a series of 39! I ordered 'The colour of magic' which is book #1 and i'm now planning to work my way through that series.. (39 f*%^*ing books!) Read them, you'll love them. And if you don't.. well I couldn't care less, this isn't what I do! I'm not a book reviewer!

I just remembered that i'm late for that thing, you know.. well I have an apointment.. it's far too late to be writing things for noone to read, so until next time (don't hold your breath) goodnight and thanks for giving me the impression that you read this!


Your friend, 
Buddy Holly









No comments:

Post a Comment