Thursday, April 19, 2012

Teachers pet, Gary Baseman

Tonight will be a night of nostalgia! My sister reminded me of the cartoon series Teachers Pet that I used to watch when I was younger, based on the art of the incredibly awesome Gary Baseman
(who also happens to design very cool Vinyl toys!)


The general premise is that there is a Dog that wants nothing more than to become a boy, who likes to dress up and go to school along with his Owner/Best friend Leonard. But for me the main appeal was the background art and the animation which in my opinion is brilliant!

Anyway, apparantly in 2004 they released a feature length Teachers Pet film that completely slipped by me, I've lined it up to watch tonight- I just hope it's as fun as I remember!

Check out some of Baseman's work, it's definitely worth it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment